Warner Bros.’ Creative Talent venture promises work placements and training for young people
From September 2013 Warner Bros. will be offering young people in the UK opportunities to gain training alongside the company’s film projects. The new venture, Creative Talent, will see 12 scholarship programmes made available to young industry hopefuls.
According to Film Nav, “The higher education scholarships will be available at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), the National Film & Television School, University of the Arts London, Glasgow Caledonian University, Ravensbourne and University of Hertfordshire”, with selected courses being offered at several other institutions across the UK.
Details of the Creative Talent investment:
- 12 scholarships at higher education institutions
- six apprenticeships with roles ranging from set-lighting to post-production
- Two trainee positions on every Warner Bros. film production in the UK
- 25, year-long training course places for young people at theatre company Chickenshed
- 20 work experience places for schools local to Warner Bros. London HQ
- Five work placements on upcoming West End musical, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, with some students receiving an additional three month placement.
Warner Bros. already runs an internship programme in the UK – visit their Rate My Placement page and sign up for updates. You can also visit their Warner Bros. UK Internships Facebook page for info on their latest career opportunities.