This post originally appeared on StudentVine
Graduating this summer? You’re probably getting that sinking feeling that you are starting to mature into a grownup!Read on for the 25 telltale signs that you are, indeed, getting old.
1. When you leave the room you turn off the light. For economic reasons.
2. A night in is preferable to a night out.
3. Your Facebook feed is full of your friends. AS PROUD PARENTS.
4. You’d rather drink no wine than the cheapest wine.
5. Your ringtone sounds like how an actual phone would ring.
6. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time. Cold pizza is a no-no.
7. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
8. Real ale is now appealing. Particularly in front of a roaring fire.
9. Receiving socks at Christmas is no longer a boring present, but a genuinely useful one.
10. The prospect of checking your credit score vaguely terrifies you.
11. You’ve had to ask your younger sibling how to do something on your smartphone.
12. Pulling an all-nighter is now out of the question.
13. You’ve fallen asleep in front of the TV at least once in the last month.
14. You no longer recognise any of the songs in the top 10 charts.
15. You’re not even sure if top 10 charts still exist.
16. You like going for a nice walk on Sundays.
17. You try to budget. You fail.
18. Ibuprofen is your ally.
19. It disconcerts you that policemen are starting to look younger than you.
20. You feel stiff in the morning.
21. You know your alcohol limit. You still ignore it.
22. Asking your parents for money becomes increasingly embarrassing, to the point you’d rather starve instead.
23. When you become comfortable with the fact that there is nothing more satisfying than a clean kitchen.
24. You can keep a house plant alive.
25. A day without coffee is no longer bearable.